Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Fist Anime Experience By Sam (Jump 84 Anime Store owner)

Hey my name is Sam. In high school I was a nerd. I've always
loved cartoons and that's about 90% of what I watch on TV,
LOL.
I had never watched anime until I met one of my very close
friends Kenny. He is a half korean half white guy from Okinawa
Japan. His family lived on a military base there and that is where
picked up his anime addiction.
Kenny introduced me to twe Classics: "Ah! My Goddess" and
"Ranma 1/2".
At the time I was a newbie to the anime scene, I had seen a
few episodes of Dragon Ball Z but really didn't know that there
were so many anime titles out there.
I watched a little of Ah! My Goddess , truthfully I wasn't all that
impressed. Later, I gave it a real chance and loved it! Its in my
top 5 easy!
Kenny and I were watching the first episode of Ranma 1/2
When I saw him turn into a girl after being splashed by water! I
was so supprised I yelled WTF!
Kenny told me to "keep watching it gets better" and he was
right. It was in the second episode when Akane and Ronma
were walking to school, What happened next is my favorite
anime moment.
The guys in the anime ,afflicted by there love for Akane, all
charged her and the theme song started to play,(you know
somthing big is gonna happen when you here that!) Akane
whipped all there butts!
I doubled over in laughter for ten minutes! I was laughing so
much I had tears in my eyes. I'd never seen a girl whoop up on
a bunch of guys like that!
I had to see more and thats how I fell In love with Anime! From
then till now,14 years later.

Whats your fist anime experience?
Post a comment or send a detailed e-mail and we will post it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a cool story. I remember that show. I bought a Ranma 1/2 tape at a garage sale when I was really young, I thought I was watching a regular cartoon until I saw boobs!

    Ranma 1/2 Rocks!
    Thanks for you post!

    ReplyDelete

Vips