Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pelli Con 2012 Knoxville Tennessee

As me and Sam approached Pellissipii State Community College's Pelli Con 2012 there was nothing in sight that indicated " Anime Convention ".
We stepped in the building to find only 2 venders. As I scratched my head I wondered if we had missed something or arrived on the wrong date. This was not the case.
Sam and I wondered down he maze like fourier until we stumble into some a really cool Cosplay group. They informed us  the action was upstairs.
As we entered the dark room, I realized that this was not a convention. Strangely enough , A group of young locals called "Surge" sat in front of a large TV screen watching old Toonami Cartoons on the computer .
Surge is a sy-fy, anime and entertainment fan group that meets at the college every Wednesday. The guy at the head of the class room in front of the class room said  that Pelli Con was a series of  potpourri Conferences with  the tech savey, Indy game code generates and Otaku's.
Although this was the strangest Con I'd ever been too, I did meet some awesome locals who were hard core anime fans! They all were having a great time just interacting with one another.  Even if though the event wasn't very exciting.

In defense of PelliCon 2012, this is just the second year they have held it and there was (almost) no advertising for the event!

P.s.
I hope see Pellicon will grow bigger and better every year!

 Knoxville Otaku's are the best!

It really shows there some great anime fan's out there, Just give em a place to play!

Peace,
DJ
 The truth hurts but you can learn from your mistakes....anyone up for MWF3
 Im soo gittin that tatooo!
 K -Town Otaku's R The Best!
 Japanese Fashion!
Alright were here!.......Where the %^$%'s the Con?
 UH..Hellooooo... Echo...Echo......Echo....
  Militarily speaking, it is only fair to say that Cobra Commander is a world-class buffoon .....He's standing beside me isn't he?
                                      Ha,Ha,Ha!  Now there's nothing you can do to save him G-I Joes!
 WTF!
The peace sign is out dated! Try this one for Ghost Busters 4

2 comments:

  1. Pellicon was pretty weak on Sunday. It was about three times busier on Saturday. The Toonami panel was great and I know I learned about it quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Channel 10, did a quick scoop on Pellicon but that was Saturday Night and a little too late for me.

    I did find a interesting article about Pellicon on Pstcc's website (copy/paste URL):

    http://www.pstcc.edu/blogs/marketing-comm/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/pellicon.jpg

    I'll get the full effect next time.

    Later days,
    DJ

    p.s
    What did they say about Toonami?

    ReplyDelete

Vips