Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fanboy Con = Awsome

Just came back for the a exciting day at comic con, usally today is a work daky but I decied to take this sunday off to check out the "Fanboy Con" in Knoxville.
Now In the pas I have exprest my distast for crappy con's and how every con I've been to latley .....has been terrible.

I have abolustly no complaint about Fanboy , It was awsome ! I arrive at the con about an half hour early and actually beat the crowd, I took that time to chat with some major anime fans at the door and wile we were talking Rodney Hall ( a cast member of the walking dead) came out to smoke a cig and I got a one on one with him, aparently Rodney lived in Knoxville for a few years and told me about a new movie he had been working on.

As the comic con open I imediantly head for the artist booth, It alot of fun to ask them how they got started doing art, some artist are just plain ol natural talet , some atttend art schools and some find there own technique . There were alot of great artis and they were all happy to speak with me .

Special shout out to :

Fantastic Story line : Bottomtownpress.com

The talented Amanda Rachels: inversepress.com

Comic Expert : Shawn Harbin: bsx22studiows.com

The Amazing Scott West: Alternacomics.com


After chatting with the artist, I got to check out the vendors at the show , There were tons of toys, memorabilia and collectibles at the con. I was impressed.

There was also Q&A session with the Celebrates, I listened to on set Star Wars stories from Stephen Costantino and Billy D. Williams' son. And how Micheal Berry Man started his acting career.
There is no mistake these guys are talented

Jason David Frank was at the con signing autographs , I didn't make it to the booth but I did attend his martial art class ! We went through striking and kicking drills as well as some martial arts work out techniques. About half way through the class I saw a man dressed in black watching us train....It was Adrian Paul ( Highlander TV Series) !

Later I went to Adrian's booth and spoke with him about martial arts, He got really excited when I mention martial arts and we talked for about 15 minutes about kung-fu, Adrian told me he had been trained in Shaolin Gung-Fu and a norther style of kung fu called Hung-gar. He showed me a few pointers on kung-fu's method of  blocking and punching. This guy isn't just an actor that portrays a martial artist , he is really into it.

Fanboy Con was a blast, I met tons of great fans and actors, if this con comes to your town you have to visit !  Grade A Comic con wouldn't have missed it for the world!

Later Days,
DJ






Press Play to watch a video of the show...sorry about the angle I'll edit the video later =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vips